Acupuncture Treatment for Insomnia and Sleep Disorders in Phoenix Arizona.
What is insomnia?
If you experience difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep, or enjoying a restful night’s sleep, you may be suffering from insomnia. Insomnia is defined as the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of one or more of the following:
* difficulty falling asleep
* waking up frequently during the night with difficulty returning to sleep
* waking up too early in the morning
* non-refreshing sleep
Insomnia is a common symptom in the US. The Institute of Medicine estimates that between 50 and 70 million Americans have chronic sleep problems.
It is classified as:
* transient (short term) – lasting from a single night to a few weeks
* intermittent (on and off) – episodes occur from time to time
* chronic (constant) – occurs on most nights and lasts a month or more
What are the causes of insomnia?
Insomnia may be caused by many factors, including:
* physical illness
* caffeine intake
* irregular schedules
* drugs (including alcohol and nicotine)
* occasional or chronic pain
What are the symptoms of insomnia?
* daytime sleepiness
* low energy or fatigue
* anxiety or frustration about sleep
* attention, concentration or memory problems
* waking up tired or in pain